Planning & Zoning Commission
- 6:15 p.m.
- The last Tuesday of each month
- Solon City Hall
101 N Iowa Street
Solon, IA 52333
MembersMembers are appointed for 3-year terms.
- Dave Ranard, Chairman
- Cathy Noska
- Denny Hansen
- Julia Lange
- Rob Mesch
- Kristina Bevans
- Steve Knight
DutiesThe Planning and Zoning Commission is a seven-member board that considers rezoning, preliminary and final plats, site plans, and certain ordinance changes. The Commission is appointed by the City Council, and reviews applications in accordance with approved regulations pertaining to all zoning districts within the City of Solon. The Commission also gives reasonable consideration to the character of districts and their unique suitability for particular uses, with a view toward conserving the value of buildings, encouraging the most appropriate use of land throughout the City, and encouraging compliance with an approved comprehensive plan.
The duties of the Planning and Zoning (P&Z) Commission include:
- Establishing and recommending amendments or modifications to the zoning code
- Making recommendations on construction of public structures
- Reviewing and commenting on plats
- Reviewing and commenting on street and park improvements
- Reviewing site plans
- Making an annual report to the City Council of its proceedings during the preceding year