The Board of Adjustments meets on an as needed basis as issues arise. The meetings are actually official public hearings and require notice as such.
The Board of Adjustment members are appointed by the mayor. Vacancies are filled in the same manner. The term of office of the members is 5 years, in staggered terms.
The Commission members and their term ending dates are listed below:
- Mike Wadle - December 31, 2021
- Beth Botsford - December 31, 2022
- Abbe Gravert - December 31, 2023
- Dale Fordice, Chairman - December 31, 2019
- Greg Morris- December 31, 2020
Duties of the Board of Adjustments
The duties of the Board of Adjustments includes:
- Deciding on appeals of decisions made by the Zoning Official
- Hearing and deciding on special exceptions/conditional use permits
- Authorizing variances from the Zoning Code
The City Council may remand a decision back to the Board if they do not agree with the decision. However, after the Board has reviewed the issue under the remand, whatever their final outcome is would be considered the city's final decision. If after that the final decision is appealed, the issue must be reviewed by a court of record in the manner provided by state law.